Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been trying to become sexually intimate with my

I have been trying to become sexually intimate with my

Patient: I have been trying to become sexually intimate with my partner. We have tried things like fingering, and no matter what, it just hurts. What do I do about this? Even when I’m pleasured it hurts? Thanks for reading

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of your problem are vaginal infection, decreased lubrication etc.You didn’t mention your age, in case of early teenage or in perimenopausal age group thinning of vaginal mucosa can be seen which can lead to pain during intercourse.If pain persists, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By clinical examination the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care.