Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been trying to get pregnant for the past

I have been trying to get pregnant for the past

Patient: I have been trying to get pregnant for the past few months but i still end up getting my period around the end of each month. I’m 19 and I don’t have any illnesses. I’m not sure whats wrong with me.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Difficulty in conception at such a young age of 19 could be due to undiagnosed conditio ns like polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders, anemia, and stress.Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood, urine, sugar and hormone tests include thyroid hormones to rule out the cause. An ultrasound, pap smear and a hystero- laparoscopy may be needed for an evaluation. Your partner must also be examined for infertility and treated accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards