I have been urinating often, is it due to prostate issues?

Patient

Q: Hello..I have been urinating quite often, Very slight burning feeling at times and some redness around penis opening. Prostate issues???

Doctor

A:   Your symptoms are more suggestive of a urinary tract infection. You may need to investigate to see for infection and take antibiotic in the presence of infection. Prostate issues involve sensation of incomplete emptying of bladder, poor urine stream and difficulty to initiate urination. If you have these symptoms then you may need to ask your doctor for a prostate examination, ultrasound and blood PSA levels.