Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have brow dirl like substance on the base of my pubic hairs

I have brow dirl like substance on the base of my pubic hairs

Patient: I have brow dirl like substance on the base of my pubic hairs wich itches what do i do. ..p.s i have had no sex and have had my period

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Itching is confined to the area over the front and outer part of the pubic area main ly where the pubic hair is growing (or would grow if you’ve had it removed) and around the anal area. This might be because of pubic lice. Lice are tiny 6-legged bugs that can live anywhere on the body. They prefer thicker, coarse hair, which is why they are common in the pubic area but can also be found in the armpits, eyebrows, beard, eyelashes, chest and head hair. Jock itch might be one more cause. Jock itch also called Dhobi itch, crotch rot, gym itch, jock rot is caused by a fungal infection in the skin of the groin area. Cleaning and shaving the area often will reduce the itching.If the problem continues then talk to your Doctor about it.I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.