I have burning in my urethra, made worse by urine


Q: I have burning in my urethra, made worse by urine or ejaculation, dull pain in abdomen around groin and occasional dull testicle pain. Other symptoms include a dry, flaky patch of skin on my penis shaft. I went to my doctor (primary care) and she ruled out a UTI, and sent my urine culture to a laboratory to test for chlamydia and gonorrhea (I still haven't gotten the results). I was worried, so I went to an urgent care clinic and the doctor gave me a shot and two different antibiotics (flagyl and azithromycin) to treat trich/gonorrhea/chlamydia. Two days later there is still a burning in the tip of my urethra, and the flaking skin got worse. I am super worried as to what can be causing this - I had unprotected sex with a few girls lately, and not I'm pretty certain I have something, but the doctors I've seen just haven't been getting it right!


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I'm 26 165 lbs fit, uncircumcised and I have some redness that's tingly on the head of my penis. Could it be STD rela...

Q: Hello. I am recently divorced and looking to date again. I also get cold sores (HSV1). My husband was also my first ...

Q: I had unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker. I had unprotected vaginal sex with my wife ( who...

Q: Hi, I have a friend who is claiming that she received a series of infections after we (accidentally) had unprotected ...

Q: I have blisters on the shaft of my penis? I have had a sti check after the last time I had sex and I had chalmidea bu...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon