Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have burning of the mouth prior to taking ciproit

I have burning of the mouth prior to taking ciproit

Patient: I have burning of the mouth prior to taking cipro.it stopped for two days.then came back.I never had this problem.what could this be

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Burning of mouth is not rela ted to Ciprofloxacin. Most commonly, acid reflux may cause burning of the mouth. Or sometimes minor fungal infections may also cause such burning.If you do have acid reflux, please take Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for a week and this will settle down.Hope this was helpful,Regards