Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have cancer and should be through radiation soon Can

I have cancer and should be through radiation soon Can

Patient: I have cancer and should be through radiation soon. Can I get a tattoo on the area of the skin that has been radiated? Will the ink penetrate the skin and will the skin hold the tattoo very well?

Symptoms: Hyperparathyroidism, parathyroid carcinoma, hypophosphatamia, GI feeding tube, stage 3 kidney disease.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.If the skin is inured, I would not advise you to get a tattoo done. The tattoo may not h old and is also risky and can cause a lot of bleeding. Since you have a cancer, I do not think that you should think of tattoos till you get complete cure. Wishing you a quick recovery. All the best.Hope this helps you.