Thanks for posting your query at ATD
As very little information is available in your query, please provide me with answers to a few questions to arrive to a provisional diagnosis.
1) What's your age group?
2) Since how long have you been having symptoms of knee pain and swelling?
3) Which activities aggravates pain and what are the relieving factors for pain?
4) Is the knee pain more after a period of rest or activity?
5) What is the exact site of knee pain and swelling? Inner side near tibia, femur or outer side side tibia or femur, or the knee cap?
6) Are you able to stand up easily from squatting position or do you face difficulty?
7) What is more painful walking upstairs or downstairs or both equally?
Kindly revert back with answers to these questions. Looking forward to your reply.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.