Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have cold chills ,very cold,body aches & maybe a

I have cold chills ,very cold,body aches & maybe a

Patient: I have cold chills ,very cold,body aches & maybe a fever .this just started maybe an hour ago .also having muscle spasmes like whole body spasm not just one certain area and kinda of a numbness like when your foots asleep

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection ( URTI) or Viral Infection.At home, you can do warm saline gargles, steam inhalation. You should drink hot fluids like ginger tea, that will soothe the pain.But in case you have fever then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. Anti allergic like Levocetrizine helps. In case of severe pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that. You may take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.