I have cracks on my tongue Is there anything I

Patient : I have cracks on my tongue. Is there anything I can do to heal them?
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query. This could be due to any food allergy, irritation by sharp teeth, vitamin B deficiency. I recommend the following 1) Avoid spicy foods, 2) Antimicrobial mouthwash and corticosteroid ointment. Corticosteroid ointments are usually prescribed to reduce the inflammation and pain caused by this condition. The topical corticosteroid that is commonly used for this purpose is triamcinolone. 3) Multivitamin supplements. You will be fine. Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.