I have currently had pain during intercourse that I have


Q: I have currently had pain during intercourse that I have never had before. The pain stays dull throughout the day as a left side pain. I have frequent urination on somedays but other no. STDs and pregnancy is completely ruled out. Im 19 and have been diagnosed with
Polycystic ovarian syndrome other than that I'm good. I'm wondering what I should do to stop this pain?

Symptoms:  Pain in sides, pain during sex feels like he's hitting a rock inside me.

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
Pain is very common after intercourse. Moreover such pains are usually seen when you get sexually active. Once you get regular in sex life, the pain improves.
In case of severe pain you may take Mefenamic acid tablets. Do hot fomentation of the uterine area. Pain would go in a day or two.
In case the pain persists or you get any bleeding, you would require to see your doctor.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy

Related Q&A

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon