Ask The Doctor > Pending > I have currently just started taking Nortrel.

I have currently just started taking Nortrel.

Patient: I have currently just started taking Nortrel. It will be 7 days Monday that I have started taking it. I have PCOS that is being attempted to put under control with this Nortrel. I have look around on the internet to no avail for an answer to my question. I know that no Birth control other than abstinence is 100%. Currently we use condoms and I am on the pill. So my question is when can I safely drop the condoms and let my husband come inside of me without significant risk of pregnancy? Some websites said 1 week others said upwards of 6 months. I have taken my pill everyday about the same time one day I took it a little late at 3 instead of 12 like I have been.

Doctor: