I have developed an intensely itchy patch of blisters on

Patient

Q: I have developed an intensely itchy patch of blisters on my inner bicep and armpit. After initially noticing them, they crusted over night and have not reopened, but have become a raised, scaly, red, and itchy patch. There are also a few pimple-like, itchy dots on my forearm and inside my elbow. I have been living in an extremely hot environment for about two weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms:  No other symptoms
I have developed an intense...-1
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I understand your concern.

As per details, there are mainly following possibilities for your symptoms :

1 ) Herpes zoster : It is viral infection of skin caused by Varicella virus. It is characterized by grouped fluid filled lesions on erythematous base associated with burning sensation or itch. They remain confined to a dermatome and do not cross the mid-line of body.
The lesions usually get crusted within 2-3 days followed by resolution within 7-10 days in immunocompetent person. For treatment of Herpes zoster, antivirals like Acyclovir / Valacyclovir are advised.

2) Pedrous dermatitis: it is also known as insect bite dermatitis. It is characterized by sudden spontaneous eruption confined to an area usually linear in shape. It is most of the times, noticed in the morning when one wakes up. The eruption is red colored with a bite mark often seen in the center.
For This, topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area is advised followed by a combination of antibiotic and steroid cream.

I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.
I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.

Patient: Is this herpes zoster possibility sexually related? I have had no sexual contact as of late. Also, is this common at my age (29)? After this resolves, will it continue to return for the rest of my life if it is herpes zoster?
Doctor: Herpes zoster occurs due to reactivation of the latent virus present in the ganglion which is responsible for causing Chicken pox on first contact with the human body. It is not sexually related. It has high tendency of relapse by various precipitating factors like infection, low immunity, trauma etc.
But if treatment is started in time then the chances of relapse really decreases.
I hope I am able to solve your query.
Take care.