I have diagnosed unexplained infertility and I have been pre

Q: I have diagnosed unexplained infertility and I have been prescribed Clomid for my next 2 cycles. I am 33 years old. My cycles are usually 28 days in length with a little bit of spotting in between periods. My expected period was yesterday (Monday the 18th). I did not have spotting mid cycle this cycle. I started spotting on Saturday ( the 16th) and thought it was the start of my period coming a few days earlier, but it never got heavy like it usually does. Started with just a little bit of light red spotting when I wiped and turned brown. Not even enough to fill a pad. I had no spotting at all on Monday. I took a hpt this morning and it was negative and also took a opk thinking maybe I am ovulating later this month and that was also negative. Should I consider this as a light period and go ahead and start the clomid on cycle day 5 (which would be tomorrow) or consider it mid cycle bleeding that occurred later this month and wait to start the clomid? I don't want to start the clomid if it is not the right time. My cycles are always very regular and of course it goes out of wack right before I am about to start clomid.