Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have discovered a small lump right on the opening

I have discovered a small lump right on the opening

Patient: I have discovered a small lump right on the opening of my anus.It is about the size of a pea and looks almost blue or black in colour.It feels exactly the same as a pea – solid behind the skin covering it.I am extremely worried as I don’t know what it is. It is very sore, especially when passing stools.Initially it wasn’t painful at all and now it is. Yesterday I got it little open using surgical blade and small amount of blood came out.Do you know what it could be?

Symptoms: Paining

Doctor: Thank you for writing to usFirst of all, you should never open a lump up. If this was a direct connection into an ar tery, you would have lost a lot of blood through bleeding. I believe that you have a hemorrhoid and you need to see a Doctor to get it examined. Once diagnosed, the Doctor will advise you on the treatment. Wishing you a quick recovery. All the best.Hope this helps you.

Patient: Ok. Thank you for your quick reply