Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have drainage and severe chest cough, Is it safe

I have drainage and severe chest cough, Is it safe

Patient: I have drainage and severe chest cough, Is it safe to take sudafed with Cheratussin AC?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. I have read your query and understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from a ny of the following either Bronchitis or a Lower respiratory tract infection.I would advise in such scenario to get a hemogram with ESR and Chest- Xray done. If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchial Asthma / Bronchitis. Treatment constitutes anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast and in severe cases inhalers containing like Salbutamol and Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Get well soon.Stay Healthy