I have drainage and severe chest cough, Is it safe

Patient

Q: I have drainage and severe chest cough, Is it safe to take sudafed with Cheratussin AC?

Doctor

A:   Hello

Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I have read your query and understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from any of the following either Bronchitis or a Lower respiratory tract infection.
I would advise in such scenario to get a hemogram with ESR and Chest- Xray done. If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchial Asthma / Bronchitis. Treatment constitutes anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast and in severe cases inhalers containing like Salbutamol and Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.
Share my opinion with your doctor.
I hope it helps.

Get well soon.
Stay Healthy