Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have dry mouth both lower and upper jaw hurt and ear

I have dry mouth both lower and upper jaw hurt and ear

Patient: What does it mean when your jaws hurt and your ear and u have dry mouth and how do u get rid of it

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that there may be an infection of the ear and jaw . The inflammation caused by this infection can affect the salivary glands resulting in decreased saliva production, resulting in dry mouth. Such infections can be caused by bacteria or viruses. Please consult your doctor or go to an urgent care clinic to be examined and star the appropriate treatment for this possible infection.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com