Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have endometrioses so I take a birth control 24/7

I have endometrioses so I take a birth control 24/7

Patient: I have endometrioses so I take a birth control 24/7 I don’t ever take the placebo week. I started taking an antibiotic and had unprotected sex many times. Im almost 100% positive i’m pregnant. Im going to stop taking my birth control. My question is will I still bleed even being pregnant once the pill is out of my system.

Symptoms: Common first trimester symptoms

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you are on birth control continuously there is no chance of pregnancy. If you mea n to say the antibiotic could have caused a pill failure and you are expecting a pregnancy, then you will not bleed even after stopping the pills in case of pregnancy. However, sometimes due to a hormonal imbalance,there can be spotting along with an early pregnancy.Consult a gynecologist for an examination and first confirm the pregnancy and act accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards