I have endometriosis My period is a week out.

Patient

Q: I have endometriosis . My period is a week out.I had brown discharge ( spotting ).It lasted 1/2 a day and stopped ! Hpt is neg ! Could I be pregnant or is it my endometriosis ? Is there a way to tell the difference between implantation bleeding and endometriosis spotting ? Is it too early to test ?

Doctor

A:   Hello.

Endometriosis shall bleed only during menses and doesn't have an intermenstrual bleed like an implantation bleed which is seen usually during the fertile period after 5-7 days of unprotected intercourse. Implantation bleed is a retrospective diagnosis and often confused with ovulation bleeding as well with similar light brown mucous mixed discharge with abdominal mild cramps for 2-3 days. However, the best way would be to do a serum beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy after 7 days of intercourse, which if positive shall confirm the implantation bleed.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.