September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have extreme knee pain on the back outer side

I have extreme knee pain on the back outer side

Patient: I have extreme knee pain on the back outer side of my knee when bending and pain below my kneecap when kneeling on it. This came on suddenly and has been getting worse. Have been treating with ice and ibuprofen to no avail

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You need to investigate it by MRI of the knee and vitamin D test. If vitamin D is found low you can take its supplements. Till then quadriceps exercises and analgesic such as ibuprofen will be useful. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care