I have extreme nasal congestion I have been using a

Patient

Q: I have extreme nasal congestion. I have been using a nasal decongestant because I can't sleep but the nasal congestion started way before that. I went to my ENT and he said it could be because of a deviated septum. So I have a septoplasty and after that it was fine for a while. Then I got congested again and couldn't sleep without the nasal decongestant. It's gotten to the point were the nasal decongestant isn't even opening my nostrils all the way. I wake up randomly in the middle of the night gasping for air. I think this is serious. I have another appointment with my ENT in 2 weeks. I am currently using the nasal decongestant as I can't breathe at all. I can't sleep with my mouth open. Any suggestions? I believe it could be because I have 2 cats but I am not allergic to them. Even if I do somehow magically stop using the spray I will still be congested...

Symptoms:  Congestion, breathing problems,
Doctor

A:   Hi.
OK, read and understood your history of nasal congestion in spite of septoplasty and nasal decongestant drops.
The congestion is so much that you have to wake up at night for taking breath.

My thoughts and suggestions:
- Get the CT scan of the nose and sinuses done.
- Get an ENT endoscopy; these two things will add on the respiratory problem.
-The possibility of a ''vasomotor Rhinitis should be borne in mind and addition of the anti-depressant works the best.
Request your ENT to consider about the vasomotor component and you will definitely get a great benefit.
Follow the lifestyle with least possible stress and anxiety and see the difference.