I have extremely high blood pressure 220/238 Dealing with it

Patient: I have extremely high blood pressure 220/238. Dealing with it for years. On a lot of medication now I weak and sick all of the time. Blood pressure is down but now heart rate is usually 111.

Doctor: Hi.I can understand how it would be to have persistence elevated BP.I am sure that you must have undergone all th e tests related to this problem.I would suggest you some tests, if not already done:Color doppler of the renal arteriesTests for Pheochromocytoma and such disorders that cause BP problems.Low salt dietStress and anxiety should be in control to have good BP controlNow: you pulse rate rises if the BP comes down and this happens in all the patients. This is heart’s natural and normal response to reduced BP so do not worry.Consult a Cardiologist for clinical evaluation and treatment.

View all posts