Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have fairly bad acne, I used to take birth

I have fairly bad acne, I used to take birth

Patient: I have fairly bad acne, I used to take birth control to help. I recently stopped taking it and my acne is crazy now! I have a few pimples that are even the size of dimes on my face! ๐Ÿ™ I have acne across my back and down my chest too. I’m a clean girl who washes my face and body twice daily. I’ve tried everything from organic (tea tree oil, witch hazel, lush products) to shelf products (clearasil, clean and clear ect)

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.For the treatment of acne, treatment depends on the grade of acne.In mild grade : topical creams containing benzoyl peroxide / retinoic acid and clindamycin are usually advised.For moderate to severe variety, along with topicals, oral medications like doxycycline / minocycline / azithromycin are started.If hormonal cause Is associated, drugs like Ethinyl estradiol is given.In Refractory cases, consideration is given to start oral retinoids after ruling out contraindications to start with.Avoid oily food and hair oil application.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.Hope this helps.Take care.