Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have frequent urination. it burns when I urinate

I have frequent urination. it burns when I urinate

Patient: I have frequent urination it burns when I urinate and still have the urgency to urinate after bladder is empty I have taken otc uti medicine and it didn’t help took a screening test came out negative to any STDs so I took yeast infection medicine and nothing is working

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).Most common causes of UTI are:1.Diabetes2.Stones in the renal tract3. Sexually transmitted.I would advise you following:1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.2. Hemogram3. Urine culture.4. X-ray KUB.5. KFT.You would be treated based on size, site of the stone.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.Stay Healthy.