I have gastritis and i lost too mucb weight Whay

Q: I have gastritis and i lost too mucb weight. Whay can i take to gain weight? But not pills something to add in water.

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

If you are unable to gain weight or you have weight loss, you should be evaluated for organic causes behind it.
A lot many times it is just constitutional.
But, if there is any organic cause, it should be evaluated.
If you have any loose stools, pain abdomen, anemia then you would require evaluation for Celiac Disease.
In case you have fever, weight loss then you would require evaluation for intestinal tuberculosis.
I would advise you get routine investigations done:
1. To get anti-TTG Antibody test done to rule out Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease.
2. Upper GI endoscopy
3. Ultrasound Abdomen.
4. Chest Xray
5. Thyroid profile
6. Hemogram with ESR.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy