I have gastroenteritis and had diarrhea for 3 days now

Patient

Q: I have gastroenteritis and had diarrhea for 3 days now with more than 10 times a day. Stools are clear yellow. Should i go to a doctor or clinic to test stools for bacteria presence? Only had strong fever (103) on the first day and vomiting as well

Symptoms:  Diarrhea
Doctor

A:   Hi.

Read and understood your history of gastroenteritis with diarrhea for 3 days and fever of 103 on day one.
This is indicating of an infective pathology unless proved otherwise.
The stomach flu may not be this much severe and whatever the cause, the effect on the fluid and electrolyte imbalance will be same as also the ill-effects on the whole body.
Certainly you have to send the stool samples and blood also for the routine tests, particularly for thyroid functions, sugar, electrolytes and kidney functions.
This is very important as you are passing more than 10 per day.
If there is any test showing a problem you should get admitted too.

I hope this answer helps you.