I have gotten bites yesterday by a bug that I

Patient : I have gotten bites yesterday by a bug that I don't know and where i have the bite there is a huge tender to the touch red circle and i'm not sure how to treat it or if it is serious or not?
Symptoms:  Itchy ness it can hurt if I walk to long. and its very tender to the touch
I have gotten bites yesterd...-1
Doctor :   HI, Thanks for your query and the picture. Noted the history of bite by an unknown bug/insect, itching, redness, t enderness, pain on long walk. Wants to know how to treat it and if it is serious or not. All these points indicate that there is a severe reaction, I would advise you the following in such a situation: -Take an anti-histamine like Cetirizine -You may need prescription based treatment such as Oral steroids as you do not know the bug that has caused this. -Try to restrict the movements as they may cause more spread of the allergen. -Keep under observations of the Doctor too as it helps any other additional treatment like antibiotic, incision or dressing if needed in the future. I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Related Q&A

Q: I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however...

Q: I got a test ige immunoglobulin serum test . The value cams 520 ? What does this mean . I am a 30 years old mum .

Q: My friend took alegra and tussin and speed and now he says he is having a hard time breathing and stayingawake

Q: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be...

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon