I have had 2 missed periods , I went to

Patient

Q: I have had 2 missed periods , I went to the doctor and was told that the blood test was negative. I noticed that I have an discharge that is strong and smells like onions. I have been having cramps and smelly discharge. The doctor said nothing was wrong should I be concerned

Symptoms:  Cramping, smelly discharge, missed periods
Doctor

A:   Hi,

As your blood test for pregnancy is negative, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.
By clinical examination and by investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc the possible cause of your irregular periods can be identified and treated.
Regarding vaginal discharge, if you are having continuous discharge, better to go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity to find out the possibility of infection and take treatment accordingly.

Take care.