Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had 4 days of menstrual like cramps but

I have had 4 days of menstrual like cramps but

Patient: I have had 4 days of menstrual like cramps but no sign of period or spotting, I’ve had 4 previous pregnancies but never experienced this before or before my period I can cope with them mind, will my period come after having 4 days of cramping or is it something else

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Increasing age can lead gonadal hormonal imbalance, which can increase the severity of premenstrual symptoms.If there is any possibility of pregnancy, please rule out by undergoing urine pregnancy test.Other possible cause of abdominal cramps is pelvic infection.If you do not get periods even one week after expected date, please consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.