Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had a bad couch for over 2 weeks,

I have had a bad couch for over 2 weeks,

Patient: I have had a bad couch for over 2 weeks, I have had two types of antibiotics neither have worked. I have tried all cough syrups and cold and flu tablets nothing is working. It gets extras bad at night I have lack of air and struggle to breathe. What can I do? Please Help

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.he coughing of 2 weeks duration not responding to 2 antibiotics, many cough syrups needs investigations. Additionally, you have increase problem at night where you have to struggle to breath indicates that there may be an asthma.I would suggest in such a patient the following:Clinical evaluation, actual Auscultation and examination of the respiratory system by a Doctor can tell us whether this is asthma or something elseAdditional Blood, urine tests, PFT meaning Pulmonary Function Tests and X-ray chest will give information for a proper diagnosis and treatment.I hope you understand this and get a proper examination, investigations and treatment.