I have had a burning sensation when I urinate for

Patient : I have had a burning sensation when I urinate for a few days now. It is most painful at the start of my urination, but does not burn as much after that. I have had a clear and sticky discharge as well and it is uncomfortable when clothing touches it or if I anything touches it really. The pain runs about an inch into my urethra and I was wondering if that was enough information to come up with a very likely solution for my problem. This started after I had sex with my girlfriend earlier this week, and it hasn't stopped since. She is not burning when she urinates though. Neither of us have been diagnosed with any STD's previously to seeing each other and we have both been faithful to each other. On the second day, I tried masturbating and it didn't hurt to masturbate, but ejaculation was uncomfortable so I stopped trying after that. Also, I came down with a debilitating cold after the second day with this issue, not sure if it's relevant or related. Is there any way I can treat myself?
Symptoms:  Itching when peeing, clear sticky discharge from penis, no visible cuts or lesions or warts or other signs of STDs on outer penis