I have had a rash on my upper butt cracked


Q: I have had a rash on my upper butt cracked area and also a ton of itching in the skin between the anus and on the back of the scrotum. The rash is itchy as well. I tried anti fungal and it seemed to sooth the itch a little but not completely and did not get rid of the itch. Then tried baby eczema cream and that got rid of the itch but did not get rid of rash once stopped being used. Then used regular eczema cream and that did not work. The itch is unbearable since it has been going on for over a month now. I really would appreciate anything that would finally get rid of the rash and itch.


A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is Scrotal dermatitis. Usually, if the rash extends from anus to scrotum, it is more likely eczematous rather than fungal.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical steroid like hydrocortisone on the affected area.
You may take antihistaminics like levocetirizine for symptomatic relief.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, a few days ago i woke up to 2 sets of 2 red inflamed dots under my stomach / in my groin area. To me they looked ...

Q: I am 70 years old and have been suffereing from diarhea for the last few months. Today have got a high reading for ce...

Q: I've spent the the past year or so worrying off and on about lymphoma. Last year, I moved to the Netherlands, by myse...

Q: My 6 year old has a partially white stool. She finished augmentin a week ago for a swollen jaw, which we assumed may ...

Q: I am diagnosed with pvc. I did a echo, blood test and holter and all normal. I did stress test at the start of year a...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon