I have had a sensation of something stuck in my

Q: I have had a sensation of something stuck in my throat for over a month now. It started in the left side, but has now migrated to the center. I wake up each morning with a very sore throat, and have started to have some ear pain on the right side. I have also noticed that the paleo pharyngeal arch looks much tighter, and is lower on the right side. The sensation is very bothersome. I have an appoinment with the ENT, but it is two weeks away.

Symptoms:  Sensation something is stuck in throat, dry/ sore throat, mild eat pain and fullness. Fatigue.
I have had a sensation of s...-1

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
From what I can see in the image, both the tonsils looks slightly enlarged and there is some inflammation in the pharynx.

The fact that you're also developing ear pain indicates that you are developing an upper respiratory tract infection. It will be better if you can start an antibiotic course like Levofloxacin or Amoxicillin. Levofloxacin has a recommended dose of 500 mg once daily for 5 days while Amoxicillin has to be taken twice daily at the same dosage.

You need prescription for these medicines.

In some cases even GERD can cause similar problems. Do you have any reflux problems? In that case a course of Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily will be helpful.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,

Patient: GERD or other GI issues can cause this? I first noticed the sensation right after getting over some other symptoms-- intense upper stomach/rib pain on the right side that had me in the ER. I was told it was most likely a gallbladder attack, but the U/S did not show anything unusual. Once those symptoms subsided I did develop two large ulcers on my right tonsil, and was given a 10 day course of antibiotics, despite a neg strep test. At my follow up
With my GP, I was told everything looked fine.
Doctor: Hello,
Yes, GERD can definitely cause recurrent pharyngitis and patients typically complain of lump in the throat feeling.
You can only confirm that with endoscopy.
As of now though, the antibiotic course will help.