I have had a sharp pain in the area of tail bone

Patient : I have had a sharp pain in the area of my tail bone and i haven't been able to sit or lay down properly so this pain has affected my sleep
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. The commonest causes of sharp pains in the area of tail bone are: Infected cyst. Fistul a in ano Coccydynia, meaning inflammation of the coccyx. Trauma by fall I would advise such a person the following: Consult a General Surgeon ASAP Get the examination done to confirm the diagnosis. Surgery if indicated or just the medical management and to see for the results. Till then you can have Ibuprofen or so and then let us finalize the diagnosis Sitz bath for soothing actions. I hope this answer help you.