I have had a sinus infection for about a week

Patient: I have had a sinus infection for about a week now I have took NyQuil And mucinex it didn’t work. two days ago I took claritin D ..do I need to go to the doctors and get a antibiotics?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.You seem to be suffering from Acute Sinusitis.You would require treatment with a ntibiotic like Amoxycillin for sinus infection.People who are unable to tolerate Amoxycillin or are allergic to Amoxycillin, we use Azithromycin and Clarithromycin in them.If you have loose stools or acidity problems with Amoxycillin, you can add a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone and and also probiotic containing Lactobacillus.Steam inhalation should be done at least 3-4 times a day as it helps the most. You should also take an anti allergic drug like Levocetrizine. In resistant cases, who don’t respond to these measures, we use Fluticasone Nasal Spray.Visit your doctor and share my opinion.I hope it helps