Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month

I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month

Patient: I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month or so now , It hurts severely when I bump it on things, I am starting to develop a lump Infront of the swollen joint. I have had x Rays done along with bloodwork and still have no answer. Please help

I have had a swollen pip jo...-1

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I believe that you have an unresolved infection. You can try these things to get you res olution:Rest and protect the finger. Keep your finger covered with a cotton roll to prevent traumaIce the finger for 15 mins at a timeCompress the finger with a Finger sleeveElevate the finger while sleeping to reduce the swellingSteroid injections may be needed to help with the swellingSee a Doctor for the steroid injections. Hope this helps you. All the best.