I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month

Q: I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month or so now , It hurts severely when I bump it on things, I am starting to develop a lump Infront of the swollen joint. I have had x Rays done along with bloodwork and still have no answer. Please help

I have had a swollen pip jo...-1

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I believe that you have an unresolved infection. You can try these things to get you resolution:
Rest and protect the finger. Keep your finger covered with a cotton roll to prevent trauma
Ice the finger for 15 mins at a time
Compress the finger with a Finger sleeve
Elevate the finger while sleeping to reduce the swelling
Steroid injections may be needed to help with the swelling

See a Doctor for the steroid injections. Hope this helps you. All the best.