I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month

Patient : I have had a swollen pip joint for about a month or so now , It hurts severely when I bump it on things, I am starting to develop a lump Infront of the swollen joint. I have had x Rays done along with bloodwork and still have no answer. Please help
I have had a swollen pip jo...-1
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I believe that you have an unresolved infection. You can try these things to get you res olution: Rest and protect the finger. Keep your finger covered with a cotton roll to prevent trauma Ice the finger for 15 mins at a time Compress the finger with a Finger sleeve Elevate the finger while sleeping to reduce the swelling Steroid injections may be needed to help with the swelling See a Doctor for the steroid injections. Hope this helps you. All the best.