I have had a very mild UTI for over 2

Patient

Q: I have had a very mild UTI for over 2 months. I saw a doctor over a month ago and was given acedominophen. I did not notice an improvement. At least twice I have gone for a couple days with no symptoms but then it returns with no warning or reason. The ONLY symptoms I have are either a burning or a dull ache at my urethra exit, and even that is not present at all times. It occasionally burns when I go but not always. There is no abdominal pain, no urge to go, no other problems at all. PLEASE HELP ME!
EDIT:
I should mention that I have been drinking tons of water and tried cranberry juice. I have changed my soap, gone without soap, and changed my toilet paper brand. I know the infection is still there because, besides the discomfort, when I use an Azo home test strip it shows trace LEU and negative nitrite.

Doctor