I have had a weird feeling in my chest for

Q: I have had a weird feeling in my chest for about 3 months. Whenever I lie down on my chest I feel like there is something pushing against my ribs and sometimes it even hurts. I figured out the exact point where it hurts, it's located in the right side of my chest, next to my last rib. Besides if I place my hand on this point I can feel something moving weirdly when I breathe. I thought it was my liver so I got it checked but from the result apparently there is nothing wrong with it. Any advice?

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

It seems you are suffering from Muscular Pain. The Muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature. This can result from incorrect posture during the night while you were sleeping. However, in case you have any pain in upper part of abdomen, you would require to get an Ultrasound Abdomen to rule out any evidence of Gall Bladder stones and Pancreatitis.
For muscular pain you should do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day. You should apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area. To take anti inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen , Etoricoxib if the pain is very severe.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy