Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had a yeast infection off and on for

I have had a yeast infection off and on for

Patient: I have had a yeast infection off and on for a few years now from taking antibiotics. I’m thinking about doing a candida cleanse diet and take a candida support supplement and a probiotic. I was just wondering if you could tell me how to do this diet, the supplements, and the probiotics. Or maybe suggest something better. I went to a gynecologist about it once and the medication did nothing, and same with monistat.

Symptoms: Vaginal discharge, itch, and little burn. Fatigue at times, and stomach aches at times.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to usI think that you may have a bacterial infection or vaginosis. Both of this are not healed by taking medication. Thus, you will need to see a Doctor to get a culture and sensitivity done to see what medication will work the best.Wishing you a speedy recovery.Hope this helps you