Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had abdominal pains all week

I have had abdominal pains all week

Patient: I have had abdominal pains all week, and I went to the doctor this morning.He thinks it might be ulcers or gastritis. I load trucks for FedEx. Is that gonna be a problem?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Excessive mental and physical exertion, erratic eating habits, lack of sleep, worries, alcohol, smoking and consuming a lot of oily and junk food can be common causes of gastritis. It may not be having much of an implication with your job, you can continue working, provided you are taking treatment with antacids and doing the lifestyle modifications like eating on time, reducing stress and drinking lot of water daily to keep the gastritis under control.Hope this helped.Regards