I have had abnormal vaginal disharge for about 2 weeks

Patient : I have had abnormal vaginal disharge for about 2 weeks now that has varied in color. I searched that it could be because I have recently started birth control about 3 and a half months ago, but this has been going on for a while.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Birth control pills can increase the vaginal discharge beca use of the progesterone content in them. But if you are having itching, smell, burning etc symptoms, there is possibility of pathological discharge like due to infection. In that case, you may need evaluation. By clinical examination the exact cause of the problem can be identified and treated. So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated. Take care