I have had an ear ache for 3 days and

Q: I have had an ear ache for 3 days and the side of my face and jaw hurts, and the side of my head is tender to the touch. Is this an infected tooth, ear??????? No toothache though.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific.

The pain in the ear and the same side of the face and the scalp/head is definitely suggestive of an ear infection.
This can be diagnosed by a careful clinical evaluation by an ENT Surgeon as he will examine the ears, nose and throat as well as the oral cavity along with tooth.
A course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines should help you.
Remember to get your blood sugar checked as this can be the first presentation of diabetes.

I hope this answer helps you.