I have had an ear ache for 3 days and

Patient : I have had an ear ache for 3 days and the side of my face and jaw hurts, and the side of my head is tender to the touch. Is this an infected tooth, ear??????? No toothache though.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific. The pain in the ear and the same side of the face and the sca lp/head is definitely suggestive of an ear infection. This can be diagnosed by a careful clinical evaluation by an ENT Surgeon as he will examine the ears, nose and throat as well as the oral cavity along with tooth. A course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines should help you. Remember to get your blood sugar checked as this can be the first presentation of diabetes. I hope this answer helps you.