I have had continuing constipation for the past year and

Patient

Q: I have had continuing constipation for the past year and have been to see multiple doctors who I'm guessing are just run-of-the-mill pediatricians (as I am yet a minor), on multiple occasions. Every time I have gone, they dismiss my symptoms as constipation-dominant IBS or just overpreoccupation with my bowel habits. They then tell me that the best is just to live with it. However, I beg to differ with their judgements because put simply I don't have the symptoms of IBS. I can only go off of what I have read online, but what I have read tells me that IBS presents the sufferer with oscillations between constipation and diarrhea, yet I never have diarrhea, and abdominal pains, which I also do not experience. My symptoms are as follows: I am able to have a bowel movement almost every day, but there is an enormous amount of straining on my part and the fruits of my labor are severely underwhelming (my stools are hardly any larger than a cherry tomato); secondly, I never feel as if I'm able to have a complete evacuation; thirdly, as a probable consequence of the previous symptom, I feel the urge to go constantly; and lastly (this is most troubling for me and compels to forewarn of the following candor), when I pass the stool, it feels as though my anus is unable to maintain an open position or does so fleetingly.
I'm very distessed by all this, and I feel it is severely impairing the quality of my life. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Symptoms:  Constipation
Doctor