Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had dandruff for a couple of years now

I have had dandruff for a couple of years now

Patient: I have had dandruff for a couple of years now and I have been using the shampoos to try to get rid of it but that only decreases the effect, how can I completely get rid of it?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I understand your concern.Dandruff scalp is such a co ndition which can be controlled but cannot be eradicated completely.If a person has predisposition for developing dandruff then it is likely that on completely stopping the treatment, one can develop it again.I advice my patients to use anti dandruff shampoo containing ketoconazole on alternate day basis initially .Once dandruff is completely controlled, it should still be used once in fifteen days.Avoid hair oil application.I hope I am able to solve your query.Take care.