Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had diareha for more than 3 days now

I have had diareha for more than 3 days now

Patient: I have had diareha for more than 3 days now. I am gassy, and need to go more frequant. I have been vegetarian for more than 4 months now and I never had this issue before, is there something I can take to help, or should return to a my previous diet?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.It says you have diarrhea for more than 3 days in spite you have changed your diet lon g ago, that is 34 months ago, hence does not look to be related.I would advise you the following:Get the stool tested along with routine blood tests.If infection is present take a 5-day course of an antibiotic active for intestinal infection, probiotic and you will be fine.You may please continue the diet, whichever suits you.Hope this helps you