I have had diareha for more than 3 days now

Patient : I have had diareha for more than 3 days now. I am gassy, and need to go more frequant. I have been vegetarian for more than 4 months now and I never had this issue before, is there something I can take to help, or should return to a my previous diet?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. It says you have diarrhea for more than 3 days in spite you have changed your diet lon g ago, that is 34 months ago, hence does not look to be related. I would advise you the following: Get the stool tested along with routine blood tests. If infection is present take a 5-day course of an antibiotic active for intestinal infection, probiotic and you will be fine. You may please continue the diet, whichever suits you. Hope this helps you