I have had diarrhea and stomach pains for 4 days

Q: I have had diarrhea and stomach pains for 4 days now and not seeing any signs of it letting up. We recently visited bahamas, San jaun, grand turk, and St thomas. Should I consult my doctor?

A:   Hi.
Noted your history of diarrhea and pain in abdomen after roaming around so many countries where all the foods and water must have changed the flora of your intestine and basically you might be suffering from intestinal infection.
I would like to give you a 5-day course of appropriate antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotic symptomatic and supportive treatment.
I hope this should settle you problem
If there is no complete relaxation, I would advise you further tests of stool, urine and blood, ultrasonography and colonoscopy and treat accordingly.
You may need to consult a local Doctor to get you the prescription and order for investigations if need be.