I have had diarrhea and stomach pains for 4 days

Patient : I have had diarrhea and stomach pains for 4 days now and not seeing any signs of it letting up. We recently visited bahamas, San jaun, grand turk, and St thomas. Should I consult my doctor?
Doctor :   Hi. Noted your history of diarrhea and pain in abdomen after roaming around so many countries where all the foods and w ater must have changed the flora of your intestine and basically you might be suffering from intestinal infection. I would like to give you a 5-day course of appropriate antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotic symptomatic and supportive treatment. I hope this should settle you problem If there is no complete relaxation, I would advise you further tests of stool, urine and blood, ultrasonography and colonoscopy and treat accordingly. You may need to consult a local Doctor to get you the prescription and order for investigations if need be.