Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had diarrhea for the last 5 days no

I have had diarrhea for the last 5 days no

Patient: I have had diarrhea for the last 5 days no fever and feeling ok.This morning I woke up and my stool was still runny and black should I see a doctor?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Acute Infective Diarrhea/ Acute Ga stro-Enteritis. Infective Diarrhea responds to treatment within 5 days of antibiotics like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. I also add a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone to my patients. You should also take Probiotics containing Lactobacillus which helps a lot. You should also maintain proper hydration. You can take Oral Rehydration syrup (ORS) for the purpose of re-hydration.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy