I have had hives for the past 3 days Went

Patient : I have had hives for the past 3 days. Went to urgent care and they gave me Prednisone, zantac , and told me to take benadryl. I have reached my limit for benadryl today, and they are all still really bad they are in my ears, eyes, and I had had a coughing fit earlier. What do I do now?
Symptoms:  Hives, couching, ichy
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I understand your concern. If you had cough already then the most likely possibili ty for your urticaria is underlying infection. In such cases, I prefer to advise oral antibiotics to treat the infection along the antihistaminics to control the allergy. In infectious cases, prednisone is not the treatment of choice . You can share my opinion with your treating doctor I am sure he will agree with this. I hope it helps. Stay healthy