I have had hives for the past 3 days Went

Patient

Q: I have had hives for the past 3 days. Went to urgent care and they gave me Prednisone, zantac , and told me to take benadryl. I have reached my limit for benadryl today, and they are all still really bad they are in my ears, eyes, and I had had a coughing fit earlier. What do I do now?

Symptoms:  Hives, couching, ichy
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I understand your concern.

If you had cough already then the most likely possibility for your urticaria is underlying infection.
In such cases, I prefer to advise oral antibiotics to treat the infection along the antihistaminics to control the allergy.
In infectious cases, prednisone is not the treatment of choice .
You can share my opinion with your treating doctor

I am sure he will agree with this.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy