I have had my menstral cycle for 2months now The

Patient

Q: I have had my menstral cycle for 2months now. The last 3days they have been slowing down. Is this normal?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Excessive and prolonged bleeding during periods is called menorrhagia.
Menstrual flow for more than seven days should be considered as abnormal usually.
Menorrhagia can occur due to many causes like uterine causes like fibroids, adenomyosis, endometrial abnormalities, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities etc.
As you are having continuous bleeding since two months, better to get evaluated.
Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc.
With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.