I have had pain in my upper abdominal area on

Patient : I have had pain in my upper abdominal area on the right side under the ribs for at least a month that has gotten worse. I had the same pain last year that doctor suspected was my gallbladder. I had ultrasound and hiada scan that were negative. What could be causing this pain. At times it is so sharp I want to cry
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. I presume a whole abdomen ul trasound was done and it was unremarkable. Since organ enlargement has been ruled out, I will advise you to get an LFT done. Sometimes, in mild inflammatory conditions of the liver, there won't be any enlargement, however, the patient presents with abdominal pain. I will also advise you to get an Ultrasound KUB which can check the status of the right sided kidney. There can be stones causing similar pain too. Hope this was helpful, Regards

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I have been suffering from ache and tingling in my left arm. I get weakness and pain in my forearm when trying t...

Q: I have a pain, an aching pain just below my rib cage on my right side. Gall bladder? No. I have had an ultrasound and...

Q: Please can you let me know if it is safe to use Dolotram 50mg twice a day for a long period of time. I have been on t...

Q: Hi, could you help me diagnose my throat issue please ? I have been suffering with a general anxiety issue for the la...

Q: Wondering what likely cause of pain in back of left arm might be


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon