I have had pain in my upper abdominal area on

Patient

Q: I have had pain in my upper abdominal area on the right side under the ribs for at least a month that has gotten worse. I had the same pain last year that doctor suspected was my gallbladder. I had ultrasound and hiada scan that were negative. What could be causing this pain. At times it is so sharp I want to cry

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

I presume a whole abdomen ultrasound was done and it was unremarkable.
Since organ enlargement has been ruled out, I will advise you to get an LFT done. Sometimes, in mild inflammatory conditions of the liver, there won't be any enlargement, however, the patient presents with abdominal pain. I will also advise you to get an Ultrasound KUB which can check the status of the right sided kidney. There can be stones causing similar pain too.

Hope this was helpful,